Robert GIULI, MD, FACS, FCCP
Professor of Surgery
Member of the French Academy of Surgery
Medical studies at the Paris School of Medicine.
HOSPITAL CAREER : Department of Surgery of Beaujon Hospital.
UNIVERSITY CAREER :
- Participation in over 250 national or international Congresses,
- Invited lecturer in 35 international Congresses,
- Contribution to 19 scientific books.
- Founder, coordinator and Scientific Director of O.E.S.O., which brings together 11,000 specialists from 19 disciplines and 85 countries.
- Editor of 16 O.E.S.O. volumes, drawn up according to series of specific questions, deliberately limited, each one requiring a precise synthesis from one specialist.
These publications represent the OESO Encyclopedia of Esophagology, for the moment comprising 16 volumes of 400 -1600 pages each. The last 6 volumes of the OESO Encyclopedia were published in the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, in the format of series of Review Articles elaborated by specialists having contributed to the scientific programs of the OESO conferences.
- Member of various surgical jurys.
- First French holder of the Spinoza Chair of Education, attributed by the Netherlands to a foreign specialist, widely recognized in his/her domain.
- Personal organization of 41 meetings and Congresses, among which the 15 OESO world Congresses.
- Founder of the OESO Foundation at the University of Geneva, awarded 2 UNESCO Chairs for distance learning and numerical Education.
- Creator with Stanford University of the OESO-SEMPIRE Platform of Excellence in Esophagology
(Stanford Esophageal Multidisciplinary Program in Innovative Research Excellence) comprising
17 Pilot Centers in the five parts of the world (Africa - North America – South America- Asia – Australia – Europe).
- Facing the current pandemic, monthly organization of virtual discussions of clinical cases proposed by one of the Pilot Centers of the Platform with a panel of multi-disciplinary specialists.
Clinical research studies carried out as the Executive Director of O.E.S.O.
Over 300 papers published, pertaining to various aspects of the physiology, pathology, and surgery of the esophagus.
Member of 18 scientific Societies (6 French, 12 foreign)
Chevalier of the National Order of Merit.